Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble printing PDFs?

All of a sudden, ProSeries will not print any PDFs!  Anyone else having that problem?  I have looked in all other places they could have gone, besides where I have them set up to go.  Nothing.  It is still printing hard copies, but no PDFs, which sure makes it harder to finish the tax season and get signatures and give people copies! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Thanks for the suggestion - I downloaded and ran the Lacerte PDF Repair Tool since it is the one that is for years after 2002 - didn't work.  It said it was successful, but stopped after 2012 and then said press any key to continue and when I did that it just stopped altogether.  I tried it twice.  No change.  I followed the directions of right clicking and running as admin too.  I tried the ProSeries one just in case, but it was exactly the same, and the page said it would only correct up to 2012 anyway. 

Any thoughts? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I despise printing issues, they make me crazy! 

Im assuming youve shut the computer down and restarted since the issue began.  I cant print from ProSeries at all after an update  unless I reboot my computer, no clue why, it started happening in the 2018 program and still does it in 2019.

So if you choose Print to File  PDF and choose to have it Display PDF after Save, nothing ever opens or you only see a blank page?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

I have tried shutting down the computer and restarting, as well as shutting down ProSeries a couple of times too.  And yes, if I check that box to show the PDF, nothing happens at all. 

Thank you for trouble shooting with me - at least it's great to have this forum and all of you out there.  I am afraid I will just have to wait until ProSeries is open tomorrow.  I am surprised they are not open, given that it is only a few days before the end of tax season - even if a super late end to the season. 

It is especially hard to have any technical glitches at the very end!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There was a recent Windows update, maybe your printer needs the drivers updated now? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪