Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to easily see what's changed in ProSeries20, from a tax return standpoint?

danielmalkin
Level 2

Apologies if this is an obvious question, but is there any way we can easily review how ProSeries20 has handled the federal tax changes for this year?  I've seen some content on what's changed in the program overall, but I was hoping to see exactly how ProSeries handles all the tax law changes and additions.  After navigating the program for a while you are able to figure it all out, but it would be helpful to have some quick 'crash course' on where the new things are in the program for the preparers to review.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I havent seen anything like that, its possible the webinar they put on earlier this month (I missed it) would have walked through things like this.

This group is a great place to ask though! The search feature in here leaves much to be desired, so not sure how much luck you'll have by searching, but feel free to ask if you're looking for something you cant find!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont think ProSeries would have anything like that, at least not in the program.  Intuit did offer some webinars that went through the new features earlier this month, not sure if therye scheduling any more.

The continuing education you took throughout the year should have brought you up to date on all the changes for 2020.

0 Cheers
danielmalkin
Level 2

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I meant more like how ProSeries handles the changes rather than an overview of the changes themselves. 

For example, the $300 federal deduction above the line - is it entered on Form 1040, or the Form 1040 Worksheet, or does it automatically pull when I enter on Schedule A when they don't itemize?  I found this out eventually, but I was just curious if ProSeries had anything available to assist us in understanding how they handled the tax law changes.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I havent seen anything like that, its possible the webinar they put on earlier this month (I missed it) would have walked through things like this.

This group is a great place to ask though! The search feature in here leaves much to be desired, so not sure how much luck you'll have by searching, but feel free to ask if you're looking for something you cant find!