Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to delete the k-1 for a partner who withdrew from the partnership in 2018. How do I do this?

anna1
Level 1

He actually withdrew from the partnership at the end of 2017... thus, his information is in the program and I'm not sure how to get it off. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

If he was a partner at any time in 2018 he gets a K-1 for his proportionate share of income for the period of his ownership.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
You move the last partner on the list to the spot occupied by the lovely departed partner.  Remember to carry all basis info to the last partners new position of the list.  Then update % owned and delete last partner.  You should do this before you access any state module.  Because at least Iowa does not like new partners in separate place if you go to Iowa first.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

If he was a partner at any time in 2018 he gets a K-1 for his proportionate share of income for the period of his ownership.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
but for the following year, deleting a Partner is weird.  You cannot delete the Partner Wkst as ALL partners are listed there.  so you have to delete every entry in that former Partner's section; and have a gap forever after.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Another moving target question.  Answer the question as it is and then wait for the next revision :open_mouth::open_mouth:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@anna  - Which is NOT me.....why the *no* vote for a 100 % accurate answer ?

At least, based on the question you initially asked, not the revised version:

"I need to delete the k-1 for a partner who withdrew from the partnership in 2018. How do I do this?
He actually withdrew from the partnership at the end of 2017... thus, his information is in the program and I'm not sure how to get it off."

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
If you would have marked it final in 2017 and dealt with it on the 2017 return, it would not have pro forma'd to 2018.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers