Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyzer Query: now has "Qual. Disaster Distr. spread over 3 years"

acuny
Level 3

Checked first for a post - updated 2020 today and there's an analyzer query for Individual Returns for "Qualified Disaster distributions spread over 3 years!" It's the last one at the bottom, of course. I figured I'd just share.

5 Comments 5
Dusty2
Level 7

ThankS!

0 Cheers
IRunFar
Level 3

Thanks for the head's up, and that's great, but did it work for you?

I ran the previously recommended hack someone recommended to manually get the list, and that worked, but this query turned up 0 results for me.  Perhaps it isn't quite ready for prime-time yet?

0 Cheers
acuny
Level 3

It did work, although it DID give me three "False Positives." Those returns did NOT actually have the taxable portion split over three years. Otherwise, the rest were accurate. I also found the hack you mentioned and compared it to the result, and they were no others that I could identify that it did not find.

0 Cheers
Amanda44
Level 3

But is the form updated now?

0 Cheers
acuny
Level 3

What form? Go to the ProSeries Form Finder (easiest to Google it), select your Edition, select Forms, and look for the form you want to check on. If you mean 8915-F:

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements (Spouse)Final on 03/24/2022, EF on 03/24/2022
Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements (Taxpayer)Final on 03/24/2022, EF on 03/24/2022
0 Cheers