Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending a 2019 Tax Return

taxgirl0216
Level 3

Would someone please be able to help me find the box highlighted in the instructions below (in red) on the 2019 ProSeries software? To e-file the amended return:

1. Open the Federal Information Worksheet.
  2. Click the QuickZoom button to jump to Part VII - E-file extend/amend.
    Note: Don’t remove the checkbox in Part VI of this worksheet for “File federal return electronically”.
  3. Check the box to File federal amended return electronically.
  4. If not already checked, mark the box for Check if original federal return was successfully e-filed.
    • Manually check if the original return was accepted in a different data file, or if the original return was submitted by a different program or tax preparer.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did YOU Efile the original using that installation of ProSeries? If so, it should already be checked. If not, you cant use proSeries to Efile the amended return...so line 4. seems moot.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxgirl0216
Level 3

I'm just looking for the box in line 4. There seems to be two boxes, one for line 3 and one for line 4.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont know which box its referring to in Line 4, again that line seems to not apply as far as I can see.

0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7

I'm having this problem now as well.  

0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7

I can't figure it out either.  just came on the board now to see a solution

0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7

I Posted in the wrong spot on this thread.  Ignore this one 

0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7

I figured it out

you have to make the changes in the original return file. not the separate copy for the amended. because the original has the "proof" that you e-filed the original. Because the data from Form 9325 doesn't flow from the original to the amended. Mine was a little more complicated. because the reason I am amending is because the client failed to give me a W-2 (he had 3). the missing W-2 was from another state where it would be an original return for that state and not an amended state.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yes, you must yes the original file for the amended, this seems to trip SO many people up!.