Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending a 2019 1040

AB
Level 2

Good afternoon,

I am filing a 2019 1040X electronically. Does ProSeries send the IRS the forms that have been amended or is there a way to specify what needs to be sent with the 1040X

The Amended Return is being filed to correct form 8995 line 3 from the previous year, it should have been zero rather than a negative amount.

Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

My personal choice is, if there is a balance due or a piddly refund, I paper file at this time of year just to get it out of my hair.  For significant refunds I would tend to wait for e-filing to open back up.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

The software sends everything that needs to be sent, but e-filing is shutdown for the year and when it opens I think you are going to be out of luck since there are only 3 open years at a time for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
AB
Level 2

Thank you.  I was hoping just 2021 was shut down.  Would you hold until it re-opens, or suggest I do a paper file. (2020 needs to be amended as well).

Thank you

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

My personal choice is, if there is a balance due or a piddly refund, I paper file at this time of year just to get it out of my hair.  For significant refunds I would tend to wait for e-filing to open back up.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

What forms are required with an electronically filed Amended Return?

The electronic Form 1040, 1040-SR, and 1040-NR Amended Returns (with attached Form 1040-X) will require submission of ALL necessary forms and schedules as if it were the original submission, even though some forms may have no adjustments. The Form 1040-SS/PR Corrected returns will require submission of ALL necessary forms and schedules as if it were the original submission, even though some forms may have no adjustments. Note that Form 1040-X will not be attached to Form 1040-SS/PR.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/amended-return-frequently-asked-questions