Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending a 1040 that was done by another accountant

tscott1205
Level 4

I have been on hold for 30 minutes waiting for the Proseries tech person to come back to the phone to try to efile an amended return that was originally efiled by H&R Block

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
dascpa
Level 11

Make your life easy.  Have the client mail in the amended return.  

rbynaker
Level 13

ProSeries does not allow this.  You'll have to either paper file or use different software.

PATAX
Level 15

I am not sure but I do not think you can e-file an amended return since you did not prepare the original return.. Jack other posts on this forum about that... just my opinion

PATAX
Level 15

Correction should be check not Jack... Google Voice 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I hear voices from time to time too.  Quite often they tell me to buy more ACME products.  This time they are telling me that Intuit doesn't let you e-file amended returns that you didn't prepare.  They also tell me there are very few states that ProSeries shows as being eligible to e-file amended returns.  The voices also tell me to drink more Ovaltine, but those voices don't usually speak to me until closer to Christmas.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hang up the phone.   Do you need help amending the return or are you trying to Efile it?  Efiling isnt an option if you didnt prepare the original return, but we can help you get the amended ready to mail if you need help with that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man, it is okay to hear voices as long as you do not answer out loud those voices... Just my humble opinion...

Level 3

I was trying to efile a 1040X that another preparer had done. I know that won't work, but I was wondering what to send with the paper return..........since it was prepared by someone else, do I need to send the 1040, or just the 1040X?  Thanks!

Jean Anderson
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
you send the 1040X and any forms or schedules that have changed, the 1040X takes the place of the 1040.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers