Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended return - change from Resident to Non-resident

Level 3

Client Entered the US in August 2018 on an F-1 visa.

We filed as "Resident for tax Purposes", based on the substantial presence test of 183 days in US

After further review of F-1 visa details, we should have filed as a "Non-resident".

I filed the Resident return in Proseries Basic, which does not support the 1040-NR

I have access to the 1040-NR software in Proseries professional.

Since there are 2 different forms involved, how do I do an Amended return?

Thanks for your response!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers