Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allocating guaranteed payment to one partner in 1065

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I have a 1065 where only one partner received a guaranteed payment, but I cannot understand how to specify that only they received it. 

The instructions were incredibly oblique and not helpful. 

Right now the program is spreading the payment among all 3 partners which messes up the capital accounts. 

Anyone with any suggestions how to fix this PLEASE??? 

thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Go to the Schedule K1 Worksheet where the Partner info is entered.   Use the Special Allocations by Amount (A B C D) at bottom right of box.    Enter amount for each Partner.   Then go to Schedule K (page 4)  Line 4 a   and enter the letter A  in the Special Allocation column.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

Go to the Schedule K1 Worksheet where the Partner info is entered.   Use the Special Allocations by Amount (A B C D) at bottom right of box.    Enter amount for each Partner.   Then go to Schedule K (page 4)  Line 4 a   and enter the letter A  in the Special Allocation column.  

PATAX
Level 15

👍 dkh, also in addition to what dkh said you may also want to check the state K1 worksheets to make sure that that state is correct.. just my opinion.

ejdtaxman
Level 7

this seems to have worked. thanks

dkh
Level 15
Welcome
0 Cheers