Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama State Returns--Intuit Drops the Ball?

Highlighted
Level 1

Alabama DOR is ready to accept e-filed state returns base on conversations with ADOR reps.  Why is Intuit behind the power curve on getting the forms published and ready?

Any one know if Drake, TaxSlayer or other vendors are having this problem?  Might be time to look for a new vendor.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

I'm a long way from Alabama but I'm with you folks.  Someone else has brought up the issue recently and I believe the other softwares do have Alabama up and running.  I guess your situation can be summed up best as ----------------- that sucks.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15

I'm a long way from Alabama but I'm with you folks.  Someone else has brought up the issue recently and I believe the other softwares do have Alabama up and running.  I guess your situation can be summed up best as ----------------- that sucks.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Intuit has dropped the ball.  Alabama is up and running with other software per ADOR and checks with other accountants.  I have talked to Intuit management and just got the same old "not their fault" storyline.  I may have a work around but it will be tomorrow before I know for sure.

0 Cheers
Highlighted

An update has just been released that allows you to print the AL-8453. E-File is availble for Alabama so you should now be able to e-file the returns. 

To install the new Update:

1. Go to the Update Menu and choose Update Installed Products

For assistance printing just the signature form see the instructions in the following article on printing selected forms: 

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1782414 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8
@Roll Tide see Charlene's note above.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Alabama Update on 2/7/2019: We are aware that some Alabama forms that are still pending approval from the state could not be printed from the ProSeries program. An Alabama update was released yesterday that will enable the printing of all forms and returns.
If any forms are still pending approval, they will print with an “E-File Only” watermark.
As those forms are approved, the watermark will be removed.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2
This is incorrect. All of my clients are in AL.  I am up to date on the software downloads and the AL forms print with a watermark of "DO NOT FILE" "FORM NOT FINAL", not the "e-File Only" watermark described above.  This is a flipping nightmare for me this year. I've been a loyal customer for 15 years, but probably looking elsewhere for my software next year. RIDICULOUS that the forms aren't scheduled to be finalized until a MONTH after tax season has started.  You are causing me so much more work this year and I am NOT a happy customer.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
Even the Voucher and Estimated payment vouchers print with "DO NOT FILE"!  We have to print manual payment vouchers and hand write the information in to give to the client.  WOW, this is ridiculous.  Will be test driving Drake over the summer to see if it meets our needs.
0 Cheers