Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama Issues and Other States

hankinstax
Level 5

After a long but courteous telephone discussion late yesterday with the "Office of the President-Intuit" I can now report the lacking of any type of functionality within ProSeries as it relates to Alabama and other states returns is within the program and not your individual computers.  It remains possible that the AL issue could be fixed with an update on 2/3/22.  It is interesting to note that the red banners saying forms are available for printing and that there is an "update available" have been removed.  I know this was the way the "Office of the President-Intuit" confirmed I was telling them the truth.  While the banner has been removed, you will immediately find the form will still not print with the message "not final".  The intuit rep was forthright and voiced his concerns but it must be noted he is not part of the programming team that has served us badly.  I was assured by the rep he would "elevate" the problem again.  I'm monitoring this closely and will keep you posted.  We paid premium price and deserve a premium program.

6 Comments 6
melbatax
Level 1

Having the same problem with Alabama return

FarmerCPA
Level 3

If you get ahold of anyone at Intuit who understands the tax side of the issue, they have no idea about the development side/logistics.  If you get ahold of someone who understands the logistics, they have no idea why these things matter tax wise.  But they'll sure take your thousands of $$$ and issue a subpar product.  Then act as if they've done you a favor.  Software switch coming summer 2022!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

I understand your frustration and I do not want to add to that. 
I did find an article that could assist your situation if you're trying to print forms that are not final: State requirements for printing draft forms from professional tax software

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
djtenn2000
Level 3

Having the same problem.  But now I can't file returns until Feb 3 because of completely different and more serious problem with Pro-Series.  This software keeps getting worse and worse.  

0 Cheers
FarmerCPA
Level 3

I appreciate the response, but according to the Comptroller of Maryland, these are not restrictions imposed by them. 

0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

IntuitGabiU:  How do all the other software developers, including Lacerte and Turbotax get around this?  Intuit has been hiding behind this memo for the past five years.  I have talked with no less that three state tax agencies who all agree the problem is on your end (possibly waiting late in the game.)

0 Cheers