Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adv. CTC

ajp
Level 5

I can't be the only one who received letters with the incorrect amount for the advanced child tax credit, can I? I'm thinking that some of our checks went missing.  

Of course, I will try to figure my situation out (especially since I should have opted out) but I imagine I will have at least one client who is in a similar situation.  Other than fruitless attempts at making it through the phone lines, has anyone heard of ways to deal with it?

Amy

8 Comments 8
dkh
Level 15

I read an article yesterday, IRS announced some taxpayers 6419 letters are incorrect.   I see if I can find and post here later.

PATAX
Level 15

I read the same thing that dkh read...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have the client create an online IRS account and look at what their transcripts show as being sent. 

If the transcript agrees with the letter but not the clients records, you'll need to use Form 3911 to trace the missing payments.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15
dkh
Level 15

I have a large client base of Amish.....setting up an IRS account is not easy.

PATAX
Level 15

You hit the nail on the head dkh... Many immigrants and first-generation Americans here in my area and they don't go for crap like that. Even Heidi said it is nonsense. If people would do their job this crap would not be necessary . Messed up letters, not to mention half of the people are going to throw them out or lose them anyways , turned out to be a big @#$ joke . 😉🐕

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

and if you believe this

"While the agency has yet to identify how many people were mailed inaccurate letters, the mistake is understood to be limited to a small subset of taxpayers who recently relocated or changed bank accounts in December."

Call me about buying a bridge....

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah right..... If it is such a small subset, then why even mention it????Hmmmmmmm.... just me and Heidi's opinion...🐕😉