Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8962 ISSUES RETURN REJECTED

dios1
Level 1

"E-File rejection due to Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing ACA explanation must be present in return"

-Has anyone had this rejection as of late?

I've tried both, made sure that 8962 with the allocation from the parents 1095-A is entered into the system. And attached the 8962, 1095-A and an explanation. Named it ACA explanation as required. Still getting a rejection notice. 

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

This has been asked a number of times in the last week. No clear answer.

I believe that some are recommending the client contact the clearinghouse and ask for a copy of 1095-A even if they are "sure" they didn't have any.

It sounds like you have a client who may have been on parent's insurance.

I don't think  that would be something they are "supposed to have to report", but who knows how screwed up the IRS has the system this year.

athaureaux6
Level 8

It happened to me two weeks ago. It seems that your clients somehow "played around with the marketplace" and got registered, my clients, both retired, told me they were searching in the website and it looks somehow got enrolled. I would never imagined they did that because I know them for years. But I called them and they explained to me what they did. But look at it this way, it is better this way because before they accepted the return to later retained the refund until the client sends the 8962. This way, there will be no delays or less delay. Somebody says before, ask them for the 1095 even if it is blank and you will be fine. Thanks 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Sounds like a 1095A was issued in your clients SSN, they need to contact the marketplace and find out what they have for them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dios1
Level 1

Correct, she was a dependent during 2020 but no longer on 2021. But was included in their health insurance for tax year 2021. Trying to update the system and contacting further support but it looks like it might be an error coming from ProSeries. 

0 Cheers
Anncart
Level 1

These means they are entitled to a credit for paying in to marketplace insuance

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I had the same issue with a non-dependent included on parents 1095. Ended up mailing in the Non-dependent's Return with a copy of the 1095 and form 8962. Haven't heard back so must be all good.

0 Cheers