Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sffdib
Level 5

I want to download each 1099B into separate 8949, is ProSeries able to do this and how?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

8949s are completed for each type (long term, short term, covered or not, etc) of sale, not for each brokerage/1099B.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sffdib
Level 5

The top of the input form, it asks for company name, account number EIN. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thats the 1099B worksheet, you make entries there and it spreads them out to the 8949 page where the entry belongs.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youre importing the 1099B from the brokerage, I dont know it it uses the 1099B worksheet (Ive never imported anything), I thought it just put the figures on the Sch D and the correct page of the 8949.

0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

If you have not imported before, and you start, you will be disappointed. It is a disaster. The program who coded the form should be fired. I have a client with several transactions and brokerage. Several trial and errors, and calling tech support who were not helpful. It took me 4 hours to get everything done. It works if you have one form and one brokerage. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Could have manually entered the summarized figures from each 1099B soooo much quicker.

sffdib
Level 5

There is no field for disallowed losses. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
disallowed losses as in wash sales?

0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

yes

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is the Help article for Wash Sales:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/entering-a-partial-wash-sale-information-usi...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers