Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915E-T not included in filing copies to the IRS for 2020 (last year)?

Kabash
Level 2

Just realized Form 8915E-T used to spread retirement distribution due to COVID-19 last year to three years was not included in the IRS filing copies in Proseries. I'm I the only one affected?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Only returns transferred into 2021 AFTER the update that included the 8915 will auto transfer.  Other returns you have to manually open the 8915E, mark the 2020 Covid box at the top and enter the 1/3 payment amount on either Line 12 (non  IRA) or Line 26 (IRA), that will transfer the figures to the 8915F and the 1040..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Kabash
Level 2

I meant Proseries did not include Form 8915E with the rest of the filing forms to IRS in 2020. I have a client who has  received IRS notice about not including all of his 1099-R distribution. The distribution was spread and only 1/3 included on the returns, I completed Form 8915E but that form was not included by Proseries to the IRS. I have checked the filing copies in the client's returns and yes, no 8915E form show over there. It's going to be a problem for all the clients I spread the distribution for. PROSERIES should look into this.

0 Cheers