Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915-E

roniswindell
Level 3

Is the 8915-E going to automatically carry forward the 2/3 of the distribution that was not taxed in 2020 to 2021 and 2022?  It does not appear on the Carryforward schedule.  Are we going to have to remember to manually add that as income in 2021 and 2022?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

it should, similar to how the FTHB credit repayment.

New clients we will HAVE to see the full 2020 return to be sure were not missing it!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PJP
Level 2

I can't find any obvious carryover worksheet entries.
We also want to know how PS is going to handle this!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Right now, Form 8915-F is scheduled by Intuit to be in the programs March 17, 2022.

The gory details can be seen in this topic:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-form-8915f/01/190172...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
PJP
Level 2

Looks like most of the people in that thread are just mad that the preliminary version isn't in PS yet.  I just want to be able to reassure my preparers that it will eventually work seamlessly - eventually. (sigh)

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I just want to be able to reassure my preparers that it will eventually work seamlessly - eventually."

You posted in a topic from April 2021.

Right now, the program is not updated for how it handles a whole lot of things. And Intuit can't program something the IRS hasn't released.

People can be as upset as they want to be. They are not going to affect the IRS or Intuit with all that anxiety.

0 Cheers
PJP
Level 2

There was no need to be dismissive and rude. I posted to an old topic because 2020 8915-E is the form that feeds to 2021 8915-F. To work properly the 2020 program must have gathered the relevant data to be transferred into 2021.  I don’t know why you think the programmers could do that after the final form 8915-F is released when the transfers occur months before. I don't know why you think they are clueless to how their process is intended to work.

You linked your first response to my original question to a nonresponsive thread of people kvetching about release dates.  And your subsequent response missed my point again.  If you are going to be snarky at least please be relevant.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"There was no need to be dismissive and rude."

Which I am not. You might be frustrated, and perhaps you have not already searched this forum on "8915" to see the Current info that is being provided.

"If you are going to be snarky at least please be relevant."

It's Too Soon to be transferring.That's been pointed out on the more current topics than this one from 2020 tax year.

There are lots of forms and functions not finalized. and you cannot on the one hand explain it isn't transferred, after you transferred, and then expect it to transfer, when the IRS has not even released the form. If this goes like the other Dashes of that form, the data comes from a worksheet, not a form, because these forms (8915-B, -C, -D and -F) are listed per the IRS and per Intuit as not efiled.

There is no reason to be rude, because it gets you nowhere with the peers that are trying to be helpful to someone that hasn't already found these answers on the forum, or just didn't like the answers.

0 Cheers
Tax Man Tan
Level 4

According to the Rep we spoke with today, the update is coming out this afternoon. It is supposed to add 8915-F, and it is supposed to automatically carryforward the info from 2020. How it's supposed to do that without us having to re-transfer the client's IDK. But i am not a programmer, so maybe there is a way. Keep your fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath, and check back tomorrow!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe both pieces of information that you just provided are incorrect.  Sounds like someone in support lied to you just to get you off of the phone.

Slava Ukraini!
Tax Man Tan
Level 4

Probably. But he was actually trying to figure stuff out for us, since supervisors are non existent in this company now.

0 Cheers