Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8879 Form, Not EF

Chris and Laura
Level 3

When I create PDF of return to send to client - it water marks "Do Not File Form Not Final" on each page of 1040 (Arizona Returns Does Not). Is this because we cannot e-file until January 24th? When I check Form availability, it also says next to the 8879  (See Below). First year with ProSeries - will this go away on the 24th, or what am I missing?

Form 8879, IRS E-file Signature AuthorizationFinal, EF Not Allowed
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

That is an issue for some folks.  The current solution is uninstall and then reinstall the program.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You dont need to uninstall and reinstall the entire program, only the 1040 Module.

Windows Add/Remove Programs    scroll down toPS 2021 and click Uninstall, it may come up with a warning about uninstalling the program, thats fine, youre not uninstalling the whole thing, it will open a window with choices like 1040, 1065, 1041  etc, choose 1040 and click Uninstall.

Now reboot the computer and when you come back, open PS and go to Updates > Select and Download New Products and check the 1040 box again, let it download.install.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Just tried Lisa's solution - experimented yesterday and got the "DO NOT FILE". Did the uninstall / reinstall as her instructions and that watermark is now gone.

Thanks Lisa.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I had to do it with both my systems.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪