Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Whomever Runs This Community Board

dascpa
Level 11

#1 - I find that there are exactly 12 questions asked on this board, but in 200,000 different posts each. Could there be a word search in the future that [automatically] before a post is posted pops up with a list of prior posts and answers? 

#2 - when on page 2 of this board (or page 3,4, etc.) and you hit the <-- button it takes you back to page 1. Any chance it could take you back to where you just were?

Or should we prioritize getting the tax software correct first???

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

#1 - the search function sucks --------------- and complaints have already been made that it sucks

#2 - the page function sucks ---------- and complaints have already been made that it sucks.

#3 - for people in PA, OH, NY (and others??) that can't print state forms, the software sucks.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

And all my friends tell me I'm a pessimist.

What's the difference between an optimist and a pessimist?  An optimist created the the airplane.  A pessimist created the seat belts.

I want to create a support group for pessimists. Then again why bother, it won't work.

How many pessimists does it take to screw in a light bulb? None, the light bulb with the rest of the world is already screwed.

And finally, what's the difference between a pessimist and a magnet? A magnet has a positive side.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm just an old fashioned realist that has spent a lot of time hanging around here.

Slava Ukraini!
linette
Level 5

dascpa.  Great suggestions!  If intuit would only listen.  Afterall we do pay the bills that keep them going.  And with some minor tweaks, professionals may actually be able to provide support that would relieve their support staff that they struggle to hire.

I wish there was a way to stop "2,000" posts especially for the simple questions where the first couple of people have said all there is to say.

And I wish they would archive out old posts.  Maybe sort them by year and if we can't find what we want in the current year we could then move to the previous year and see if the answer is there.

If we keep asking maybe they will listen!

IRonMaN
Level 15

But if you could do a decent search, the issues brought up have all been brought up multiple times before.  They don't listen.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

"for Whomever Runs This Community Board"

What makes you think ANYBODY at Intuit "runs" this board?

dkh
Level 15

@dascpa wrote:

#2 - when on page 2 of this board (or page 3,4, etc.) and you hit the <-- button it takes you back to page 1. Any chance it could take you back to where you just were?

a trick @Just Lisa Now  taught me       Right click on the title of the thread you want to read that will open a new tab at top of the page.  You can then select the tab to read, post, etc  then close that tab and still be on the page you started from    taaa daaa   

abctax55
Level 15

Even if your wonderful suggestions were implemented, the pessimistic side of me thinks most posters wouldn't:

1) bother to search

2) notice that 'suggestions' show up as they type in their query

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15
  • @dkh ... LOL.... but don't quit your day job  <w>
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

The best message boards are those that put the thread with the most recent post at top.  And, those that have a moderator who can make FAQ's "sticky" at the top so those same 12 questions don't get asked again and again. 

When you care enough to send the very best -- don't send anyone to Intuit.