Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401 K early withdraw for Covid-19 and spread in 2020,2021 and 2022

mohan
Level 3

Any one know where in ProSeries professional allow to spread 401k early withdraw in 2020, 2021 and 2022. As of today I did not find anywhere. May be I am wrong. Or Do I need just manually total withdraw divided by 3 and show per year?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
dascpa
Level 11

We were told 02/18/21 the form should be ready.

itonewbie
Level 15

That's reported on F.8915-E, which hasn't been finalized.  According to Intuit, you will need to attach the form, which you can prepare within PS, as a PDF before e-filing.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/retirement-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-8...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
ChileanRunner
Level 1

How sure are you about having to pdf print that forms and filing it as an attachment?

This post by proseries doesn't say anything about that.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/retirement-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-8...

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"How sure are you about having to pdf print that forms and filing it as an attachment?"

This topic is from Last Month.

Intuit and the IRS now have the form available and for e-file.

Things change, when you wait a bit.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Gotaxes
Level 3

Hi - not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I am doing a spread of 3 years of the early withdrawal

and have no Federal withholding but do have State withholding. So, not sure how this comes out, overpaid

on State for 2020 and underpaid for 2021 and 2022?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
All withholding gets applied in the 2020 tax year, it doesnt get spread with the income....so overpaid in 2020 and underpaid in 2021, 2022 sounds like what you'll end up with.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers