Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party designee phone number is not transferring to CA Info Wkst. A need check error is triggered and the preparer must enter it manually - should transfer

michelle2
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They made changes to the 3rd party designee on the federal return, so I'm guessing they didn't map the phone number over to CA properly yet.

I complained about this last week....not sure if it got picked up as a bug or not.  With all the other more important tax law changes and forms issues, I'm sure a phone number that can easily be inserted isn't high on the list of priorities.

I was happy that my name showed up at least!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They made changes to the 3rd party designee on the federal return, so I'm guessing they didn't map the phone number over to CA properly yet.

I complained about this last week....not sure if it got picked up as a bug or not.  With all the other more important tax law changes and forms issues, I'm sure a phone number that can easily be inserted isn't high on the list of priorities.

I was happy that my name showed up at least!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1797016-transfer-of-3rd-party-designee-part-v-of-...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers