Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/11 ProSeries Ask me Anything session 11am-2pm Eastern Time

Highlighted
last updated ‎December 07, 2019 2:51 AM
3/11 ProSeries Ask me Anything session (11am-2pm EDT)

Welcome to the ProSeries 'Ask me Anything' post.  Please use the answer question button to ask your question and use the tag "Question:" followed by your question.  Experts will use the comment field to respond to your questions. 

PLEASE scroll to the bottom of the post and hit "Contribute an answer" to ask your question (or "I can Answer" depending on your view)  (Helps to ensure we see each question)

This post will remain live until 2pm EDT- POST CLOSED

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

This post will close in 15 minutes at 2pm EST.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
56 Replies 56
Highlighted

This post will close in 15 minutes at 2pm EST.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

#Question  Sorry , but is this how I ask a question?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Yes! :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3
Not very clear directions -
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

What time would that be in California?  If I remember correctly, Lisa gets confused with the time zones.  Or can we only ask if we are on Eastern time?

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
uhhhh... 8-11a in California. Don't ask about Arizona.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
YOU @IRonMaN can only ask if on Eastern Time
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Buuuuuuuut, I already asked.  Too late :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
Highlighted
shucks
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
How do I go about adding the unlimited partnership option? Turns out I have a lot more LLCS than expected. Thanks. 
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Our customer service team can discuss adding that to your existing package, and discussing break-even numbers with you.  You can contact them at 800-434-6818.
Highlighted
Level 1
Thanks @Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr)  for the super fast response!
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8
Make sure you consider State!  CAL has 2 alternatives for LPs.  You might do enough to buy unlimited Fed, but here, some of those are State LLCs and some are LPs and in Cal we have different State modules to buy.
So I did unlimited Fed and PPR State
Highlighted
Level 8
And you get NO credit for PPR Partnerships you already did if you now buy unlimited.
Highlighted
:+1::+1:
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3
Why is there a check box on the NY state return info page asking "Do you live in NY?" that doesn't flow to the front of the IT-203 (non res)? Why put it there, if you have to answer twice? This is years old!
0 Cheers
Highlighted
On the New York Information Worksheet Part II I was able to locate a checkbox that is asking if the taxpayer or spouse maintain living quarters in New York City during 2018. This would impact the city portion of the calculation. The IT-203 itself asks a similar yet different question. They ask if they maintain a living quarters in the state, if so they would need to complete the IT-203-B.  
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Question:  When will we be able to e-file Wisconsin Fiduciary returns? 

Note: see Proseries Doc ID #52322 for description of program error

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Let me check on this for you
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
I was able to check in with the team on this- we are working diligently to resolve and are anticipating a release on the next WI update.The article you referenced ( https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1814997-ty18-conversion-failed-when-e-filing-wisco... ) was created for awareness around just that. Please check back to the article for updates.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Question: If I efile a return now, can I still mark the payment date for withdrawal as April 15?  Or will the payment be withdrawn when the IRS accepts the return?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
If you mark April 15th, it will be withdrawn April 15th.  Just make sure that you have the correct routing and account number info.
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Thanks @IRonMaN !
Here is some additional information on how to enter that date if you need it @asitterle :
https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1609678-e-file-a-return-using-electronic-funds-wit...
Highlighted
Level 15
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
Thank you!
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

#Question                                                                                                                 Is there a report that shows the tax reform impact summary for 2018 that compares actual 2018 numbers with 2017 law (using 2018 numbers)? This will show if the taxpayer benefited from the tax changes?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
There is not a worksheet or anything that would show what the 2018 tax would be using the old laws.
0 Cheers
Highlighted

Hi!

The 2018 Adoption credit carryover worksheet seems incorrect. The carryover amounts are listed in tax years 2013 and 2014 on the Federal Carryover Worksheet, however when the are transferred to the Adoption Carryover Computation Worksheet, the numbers transfer to 2012 and 2013, which will create a whole host of issues.

Line 2 SHOULD say, "Enter any 2013...", NOT, "Enter any 2012" as 2012 should no longer be eligible for the carryover credit.

AND Line 23 says, "SUBTRACT Line 22 from Line 21", however the program ADDS them. This will be HUGE issue.

I posted this 16 days ago and haven't heard anything back.  I want to make sure it is fixed before it transfers to 2019.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Thank you posting! I will take a look at this for you
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
@sbestsantabarbar I see exactly what you mean. I will get this written up to development
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Thank you!
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Question: Client has received 1099-R's for both pensions and IRA RMD's. The IRA amounts from Box 1 are not flowing through to the line 4A on the Form 1040, only the pension amounts.  Both pension and IRA amounts from Box 2 are flowing to the line 4b, so the taxable income shown is correct.  Shouldn't the IRA 1099-R Box 1 amounts be included in line 4a, though? 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
No, the program is doing it right per the IRS instructions.  It just looks screwy this year because the IRA and pension boxes have been combined into one.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Thanks @IRonMaN
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
Thank you!
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Hello Ashley, I am filing a Form 1040 NR, electronically. When wishing to file the related states (CA,GA) electronically, I cannot find the check boxes on the federal side. When clicking the checkbox to e-file on the state I receive an error message that I must elect on the federal. Can you please tell me why I cannot find this box? thank you

0 Cheers
Highlighted
On the Nonresident Alien Information Worksheet, Part IV- Filing information, there is a check box for "File federal return electronically"
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2
How do I e-file the states?
0 Cheers
Highlighted
NR states are not able to be efiled.
Highlighted
Level 2
I can e-file State NR returns if the are attached to regular Form 1040's (and I was able to do this last year in UltraTax). So do I need to file the 1040NR and separatly file the state NR returns under the Form 1040 and do the states only?
0 Cheers
Highlighted
You could do that as a workaround but you would have to manually create the Fed 1040 to generate the 1040NR states from within the 1040 module
0 Cheers
Highlighted

#Question I am getting ready to file my corp extensions. Oklahoma does not require a seperate extension and accepts the federal as filed. Last year after filing my extensions the program thought I had filed a state return and charged me a filing fee for each Oklahoma return filed after the extension date as if I had already filed something. How do I keep that from happening this year?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
ProSeries charges the PPR fee at the time of printing or filing, so you would be required to PPR those state returns at the time of extension but assuming no major info changed like biz name, ein, etc. then you wouldn't be prompted for the PPR fee again when you file later.  So only extend those you are certain of filing.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
But I'm not on PPR I have 15 returns in my package
0 Cheers
Highlighted
If Oklahoma is included in your package then you should not be prompted any fees at all, and if you go to do one and are, my suggestion is to contact Customer Service prior to proceeding.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I was curious if there was an update on the issue of the M1SA not pulling in the interest amounts paid on line 10.  I previously made a post here:

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1817229-m1sa-line-10-not-calculating?jump_to=answ...

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Let me look into this for you.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
I was able to find that this has been reported to development and should be corrected in the next update to MN. They don't have a specific release date for that update yet. Currently the workaround is to override line 10 with the correct amount.
0 Cheers