Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Proseries Pro - 1120S & 1065 printing out of order

josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

My Proseries Pro is update to date as of 2-4-2022 per the install log.  I'm generating a .pdf of a S-corp 1120S and the program is putting "statement A -QBI..." and form 4562 at the top even though I have the defaults set on the print order.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

21 Comments 21
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Yeah - I'm getting that also on a 1065. (and sometimes a 4562 as well)

I figured it will probably be fixed at some point so I just worked around it.

Using the change print order doesn't make any difference on that particular form for me.

josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

I have discovered some more of what is happening. After clicking the default print order again and then printing on the default order, everything prints correctly.  Now, I want the e-file form to print at the top or be the first page in the .pdf after the slipsheet.  When I change this order, everything is screwed up again, the QBI schedule A for each partner or shareholder and then the form 4562 prints.  Basically the order is messed up.  I broke down and called intuit tech support and I'm now on hold after being transferred to the sixth different person..........  EDIT...and I got hung up on AGAIN while on hold. 

0 Cheers
cfish
Level 2

I'm having the same issue on the 1065. If I change the default so I can send a pdf with the 8879-PE first, it moves the K-1 Statement A to the first page. 

josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Intuit Friday afternoon about the issue.  They transferred me to at least 10 different people and I got hung up on 2 or 3 times also.  My goal was for them to report the bug up the ladder to the software engineers, but I'm not sure if they actually understood that or not.  I've used proseries since 1999 and it is terrible how the customer service has gone from really good to almost useless over this time period. 

0 Cheers
cfish
Level 2

O boy. I wasn't up for going on hold right now. So, thank you for your service! I've been with them for a similar amount of time. I did see a "1065 printing out of order" thread from a couple days ago where the Moderator replied they're on it (sort of).

0 Cheers
frank1
Level 3

I'm in the same boat as you guys.  I've been a customer since 2000.  Every year, glitches pop up and you get the feeling that there is no interest to correct it asap unless everyone raises hell.  I also saw the other thread where a support said they were dealing with it, but gave no time frame for resolution.  Gets old.

IntuitGabi

Yes, we're working on this. Thanks everyone. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

As of 2-9-2022, 3:19PM, the problem appears to be fixed assuming your program is up to date.  Now the "default" puts the e-file sign form at the top and everything prints like it should.  Yea!

IntuitGabi

Thanks for the follow up! 🙂 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
frank1
Level 3

The out-of-order problem is not yet solved.  The only change I like to make to the print order is for the 2 yr comparison to be the first page for client copy & preparer copy.  So, I make that 1 change, then the following pages move to the top of the order: Sched K1 codes, Stmt A - QBI passthru info & AMT depreciation report.  Never had this problem until this year.

jc1628
Level 3

I had tried refreshing updates. I have tried moving Form 4562 to the bottom of the print order. I have tired even uninstalling & reinstalling Proseries. The 4562 still prints before the return for 1120S, 1065 and 1040. 

0 Cheers
jlorie
Level 1

When should we expect to see an update to the software?

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

This printing problem identified here is in every tax return type that I have printed to PDF so far.  Individual, S Corporation and Partnership.  To me these printing problems are not acceptable and has to be cleaned up soon as possible.  It make what type of quality control Intuit has over this issue.  This problem is going to end up costing me extra hours on every tax return that I prepare.  

0 Cheers
frank1
Level 3

Amen RAS.  I'm guessing the folks that are in charge of correcting the issue have never been up to their eyeballs preparing tax returns.  Any news tech support?????

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

We are aware of this print order issue and are currently working to find a resolution. Once an update is available to resolve the issue, we will respond to this thread. 

frank1
Level 3

Angela, I appreciate your response.  Keep in mind it also involves 1040s.  And what frustrates us is that we were told over 3 weeks ago that the problem is being worked on!  Is Proseries having so many problems that the solution wait is over 3+ weeks?

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

Would please give us an update with what is going on with these printing problems identified and reported within your software?    

0 Cheers
ATX CPA
Level 1

What are we supposed to do in the meantime?  Get it fixed already!

We're dead in the water over here

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Let's get a little more dramatic.

So it takes a few extra seconds to put the paper copy in the order you wish it to be. You really want them to take a group of programmers off the 8915-F (or other forms that are not available yet) just to move a page in a printout. I surely don't.

I know it's an inconvenient, I end up printing a couple to a few forms singly then print the rest, de-selecting those that I already printed that are a problem. Yeah it takes me a little time, but if your "Dead in the Water" your not very imaginative on your figuring out how to get things done.

I have returns waiting for forms.

I don't have any waiting because I don't like the print order.

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Hi all,

An update was released today that will help to alleviate the print order issue. If you haven't made many changes to the print order, you can fix the issue by restoring the default print order and then making adjustments to the printer order again.
If you do not want to restore your print order, the forms that were printing first will now print at the end instead.
We are working on an additional update that will allow you to adjust the order of the forms that are not printing in the correct order without having to restore to default print order, however this update will not be available for about a week.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

@IntuitAngela_13 Thankyou very much for the update.

0 Cheers