Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 North Carolina Corporate and Partnership Tax Returns E-Filing Availability

RAS1976
Level 3

2021 North Carolina Corporate and Partnership Tax Returns E-Filing Availability

When will 2021 North Carolina Corporate and Partnership Tax Returns software be updated so that these tax returns can be e-filed.?  NC Department or Revenue started accepting e-filed business tax returns last Friday 3/4/22 but e-filing is not available as of yet in ProSeries.

0 Cheers
23 Comments 23
irv68
Level 3

Look at the intuit site these forms were supposed to be updated on 3/4/2022. At this time I do not see any updates to the date.

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

I did see that but wanted to make sure I was missing something because within the program you still cannot e-file any of the business returns.  We are getting pretty late in the 2021 tax season and I am concerned with getting all these tax returns completed and e-filed in the most efficient manner possible.   

0 Cheers
irv68
Level 3

I agree with you and hopping that someone form Intuit would provide an update.

0 Cheers
CryptoRoz
Level 2

Especially for the price we pay for ProConnect, it's beyond ridiculous. I haven't been able to file any 2021 S corp tax returns, yet. Still waiting on finalization of NC forms, which are now shown under form status with a final release date of March 15th!

This has forced me to ask clients if we can file extensions for them, as I don't trust that these NC forms will be ready to go, and talk about last minute! 

I know NC's budget was passed late and the State itself has been very behind. It just started accepting tax returns on March 1st. But, clients don't understand these things. They want their stuff filed and juggling all clients with their own lives and timelines is difficult enough under normal circumstances. This tax season is proving to be worse than last year's. I didn't know this was even possible. 

But, a giant like Intuit with its prices shouldn't be this slow and archaic in updates. It should have a dev team on it so we at least have a week. Sheesh.

0 Cheers
irv68
Level 3

I am hoping Intuit will work with the state to make sure that taxes filed for NC S-Corp and Partnership will not be late.  I know that other software firms have worked with the states with similar issues.

0 Cheers
CryptoRoz
Level 2

It's too late for me. We have a week left before the deadline and ProConnect isn't letting us e-file NC corp forms, yet.

And, now it's showing March 15th as the final form release date, which is the tax filing deadline.

Any of us out here preparing NC corp returns are surely filing extensions at this point. This is unprecedented for me and greatly impacts my own timeline, too. I don't want to hold corp returns any longer and have been sending them out as drafts letting clients know they can review them and when the final NC forms are released, we don't expect any material changes. And, I'll send them final copies.

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

Today's update corrected the problem and I was able to e-file my first NC Corporate Tax return this morning.  Thank you all for your help on this issue.  

terrycpa
Level 3

I filed 3 S-Corps to NC yesterday and all 3 were rejected with a message the software had a defect.  Let us know if your return gets accepted or not as I have not seen where ProSeries has address this issue.

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

At this point unfortunately the ones that I e-filed this morning have not been processed.  I will let you know what occurs as soon as these returns are processed by NCDOR.

RAS1976
Level 3

Good News!  I just checked back on the two 2021 S Corp tax returns that I e-filed this morning and they have both been accepted by NCDOR.  Hopefully the software update they put out this morning took care of everyone's issues.    

terrycpa
Level 3

Awesome news!  Let me resend my returns and hope they get through.  I did notice today ProSeries posted 2 updates to NC yesterday, so mine must have been after update 1.  

Thank you!

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

Good luck!  I hope all of our NC tax return e-filings are accepted from this point forward!

terrycpa
Level 3

You and me both!  Everything we touch this year takes longer . . .  including e-filing.

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

This has process has become more than a little frustrating because this morning I went and tried to e-file another NC S Corp tax return after downloading todays updates and it failed saying that the software was not ready for NC S Corp e-file yet.  How is it that I able to e-file NC S Corp that were accepted and today when I e-file another one it fails because it is not ready for e-file?  I hope someone from Intuit sees this and can explain what is going on here!!!!!!

terrycpa
Level 3

I just checked on the 3 S-Corps I sent last night.  1 was accepted and 2 were rejected.  A little more details were given, and the problem seems related to the new supplemental K-1s.  Later this morning I'll verify each number on them and recalculate any formulas to see if I can find an error.

The lack of communication from Intuit is what is frustrating.  Other software companies post what is going on with each update and what fixes are on the way.  We are left guessing.  

In case you do any SC S-corp returns, beware of the new I-435 PTE tax calculation.  Instead of subtracting sec 179 deduction, the program ADDS 179 and over calculates the SC tax.  So enter the 179 as a negative.  The printout looks odd with a double negative, but it calculates correctly for now.  Of course until Intuit suddenly corrects it and then my completed returns are once again wrong.

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

Thank you for info on SC but luckily I do not have SC S Corp clients.  Based on what you said you thought the problem was on the NC rejects I looks at NC K-1 Supplement for the one that failed and I do not see any problem with it.  However, the only item on this schedule I am looking at is the Business Meal Deduction addback.  

I am not sure how we get Intuit's attention on these continuing problems with the NC business returns.  Has anyone out here got any ideas on elevating this problem to a higher level so that it gets looked at ASAP?

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

I have all zeros on line 23, so it cannot be this:  Never have I ever seen a reject say it is the result of a defect in the program before this year.  What is up?  And by-the-way, mailing a tax return to any taxing authorities is absolutely NOT a valid fix.  

NC error message.JPG

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

Let's hope tomorrow's update works

Web capture_9-3-2022_12317_prodldfp.proseries.com.jpeg

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

Thank you so much for providing that information on here.  Let's hope it works in tomorrow morning!

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

I think I may have discovered something.  See if on page 3, Sch K, Line 7 -- do your shareholders add up to the shareholders' total.  Mine don't now (although they did originally before NC e-filing opened).  I was going to double-check the individual numbers and override the total to the correct number and give it a try, but ProSeries has updated and will not allow me to transmit, so I guess we are back to waiting again.  

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

Good Morning,  Thank you for giving me that information but before I tried to calculate anything I went ahead and loaded the 3/10/2022 update and it looks like if fixed the problem because I have been able to e-file to 2 NC S Corp Tax Returns this morning.  Of course they have not been accepted yet but at least they got e-filed.  Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from this point forward.  Have a great day!

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

I just checked mine and finally the NC K-1s, NC-PE, and the NC 401SP-3 numbers for addition to income and deductions from income all finally agree.  Hope this works!  I guess time will tell.  

Someone did point out on the facebook group that NC returns aren't due until April 15th, but for me, these returns have been completed for a month!  Time to move forward.

Thanks for your help.

0 Cheers
RAS1976
Level 3

I am hoping what you have done works for you.  Good luck on the remainder of this tax season!

0 Cheers