Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Software installation error

maczee
Level 2

While Installing ProSeries Professional 2020, I got the following error:

" A problem occurred during installation.

Please try the following steps to see if it corrects the problem:

Restart your computer

Restart the installation

The product is empty."

What do I need to do?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you restart your computer and restart the installation process?

Slava Ukraini!
maczee
Level 2

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I did restart several times starting from yesterday.

IRonMaN
Level 15

How are you installing it - from the 2019 program or from logging into your Intuit account?

Slava Ukraini!
maczee
Level 2

Thank you IreonMan.

I initially installed it from the CD, I got the same error.  Then I installed it from the Prosereis Site, I go the same error.   Then I tried to install it from 2019, but that option is grayed out.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You tried different options, which is what I would have suggested.  A number of folks have had issues this year.  Here is a link to some of the issues to see if anything "on file" can help.

Search - Intuit Accountants Community

Slava Ukraini!
maczee
Level 2

This is a great community.

So, there is no solution specific to my issue available out there.  Unfortunately, at a prime period like this, the Prosereis team is closed on weekends.   They will not be open on  Monday because it is a holiday. That means folks who have the same problem as I do may not have it solved till Tuesday, Jan 19, 2021.  By then, we are at the peak of the tax season.

IRonMaN
Level 15

There is one super hero that works for Intuit though and he has been helpful for other folks.  We can light up the bat signal and see how long it takes @Orlando  to see it.

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I'm not sure about your practice, but January 19th is certainly not the peak of my tax season. Especially since the IRS not even accepting returns til February 12 I believe, 

Patience is a virtue that must be adhered to when dealing with PS.  Seems like more and more, the Turbo tax single users get more attention than the professional users do.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

@IRonMaN Thanks for the tag

@maczee   I'm sorry for the frustration. Can you do the following:

- Open a browser and confirm you can access this url: https://ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/2020/LICENSE.HTM.  It's just our license file. If you can get it without error, we know that no router, firewall, modem, etc. is an issue (it has been for several people in the past week.. for some reason some routers have been blocking access to proseries.com)

- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ProSeries\Install\TY20\Logs

- Email the log(s) corresponding to your install attempts to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

Hopefully that will have details that will help me with troubleshooting. I'm stepping out for a bit, but I can take a look when I get back. Hopefully we can get you up and running soon.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Orlando - thanks for stopping in!

Slava Ukraini!
maczee
Level 2

Thank you for this effort, which I appreciated.

I tried the first link, and I got through. But when inFile Explorer tried to access C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ProSeries\Install\TY20\Logs.  There are no current longs, probably because it has not yet been installed.

0 Cheers
maczee
Level 2

In any business-critical path trajectory, there are many peaks. It depends on which one is being identified.

I agree with your other observations.  Working with intuit since 1989, I have watched them grow exponentially. That comes with dependency on many employees and battling with delivering a quality product.  They have been pretty good at it. You consider the number of clients they serve.  Rather than their product quality going down, theirs is going up and keeping pace with competing new products out there.  However, they need to do better in responding to the practitioners.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for checking. There are actually two different logs, and I guessed wrong as to which one might be needed. Can you go back into FileExplorer and get this one, and then email to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?

C:\Users\{YOUR USER ID}\AppData\Local\IntuitProSeriesTY20Installer.log

Note that AppData folder might be hidden on your machine. If you can't find it, try typing

%LocalAppData% in your Windows Start Menu Search bar. That should bring it up.

I believe that file will have the underlying details as to what is going on. I can see where the general message is logged in our installer, but I can't find where the specific error you are seeing is coming from. I'm hoping this log has more info.

0 Cheers