Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Return Payments not being pulled from client accounts

suzanner
Level 1

I have numerous clients call and say that the tax due did not come out of their bank accounts for the feds.  Is anyone else having this issue 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

Yes...  there are a dozen posts on it, plus a specific one addressing the issue from @IntuitAustin 

Just one of them:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/electronic-payment-of-1...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS released a statement somewhere that told everyone they were behind on pulling payments.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
gbman
Level 3

What about you issuing me an apology for your smug comment?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

We are all grown adults here.  Apologies are only required if someone actually draws blood, and then the length of the apology depends on how many stitches were received.

Slava Ukraini!
FTPhil
Level 3

There is an "Alert" on this subject. Here's the link, Solved: 1040-ES payments not being withdrawn - Intuit Accountants Community 

For my clients I had to call the IRS and cancel the Q2 payment, and then go online to the IRS Direct Payment website and schedule the Q1 payment to be paid immediately, and then schedule the Q2 payment for June 15th.

This works, BUT ONLY for about 10 clients and then the web page tells you you've reached your limit and bumps you off. GRRRRR. I even tried another browser, that didn't work, so I went to another computer (same office) and that didn't work either, now I have to sit here for an unknown amount of time before I can go and finish the job. GRRRRRR.

Another issue. The "Look up tool" doesn't complete the job... I used it and come up with a dozen clients, the list DID NOT include my own return nor my parents' which both have the same issue. I called the IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537, and cancelled my clients Q2 payments and then asked him to verify mine and my parents and sure enough, the same issue. So beware, the look up tool may not show all affected clients. GRRRR!!!!!

It really is sad that we have to go through all of this! Intuit and the IRS should come up with a solution that resolves the issue without us having to do all of this, I have been working on this for for about 4 hours and gotten through 10 clients. Not to mention what we are going to have to do next year because you know the IRS is going to charge late fees for not having estimateds paid on time.

dkh
Level 15

@gbman    Are you on the correct conversation?     You aren't the OP........  🤔  and no one directed an answer to you here?

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh @IRonMaN @abctax55 👍👍👍 thumbs up to all three of you... Someone got mad at me a few weeks ago on this forum because I was being lighthearted... I responded with the silent treatment, it always works... And as you know that is just my opinion🤓🐕

dkh
Level 15

yeah, I've been put in my place a few times.  I let it roll like water off a ducks back. 

Am I losing my mind or does the Tax Discussion main page sort different since the last update.?  Most recent question answered moves to the top.   

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah I noticed that about the Main tax discussion page also