Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Proseries contribution on page 1 with no taxable income creates an NOL

vscpanm
Level 5

I have a client who has income but no taxable income. I entered contributions on Sch A (can't itemize). Contributions feed to page 1 box 10a and you must enter the amount you want to appear on page 1 of 1040 in box 10b, max of $300. Because this client has no taxable income, Proseries calculated an NOL carryover to 2021, instead of a contribution carryover. The instructions say carried over contributions do not qualify for the page 1 deduction, so i'm thinking this has something to do with it. However, i think i should be able to carryover the contribution and not have to claim it on page 1. I cannot enter 0 as an amount on the 1040 page 1 contribution box 10b as it gives an error. Anyone seen this yet? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

Someone else reported and resolved the NOL issue, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/above-the-line-300-char...

Are you trying to carry forward the Above The Line deduction of $300?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers