Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 INDIANA Form IT-65: How to attach investee IN K-1 with EFILE?

KDW
Level 2
2020 Indiana Form IT-65, Line 8, Total Amount of Pass Through WIthholding requires we "enclose IN K-1 from paying entity."  The ProSeries E-File tab does not allow attachments.  How are we to comply with the Indiana requirement to submit IN K-1 supporting the pass-through withholding?  If you fail to attach the form, Indiana will probably deny the withholding credit to the chain of investor partners and ultimately their members.  This would result in a very time consuming effort to get Indiana to allow the withholding passed through.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Kdw you are right it is not attractive but sometimes it is the most practical solution... Just my opinion

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

if permissible, ask the client if he wishes to mail the return in Via usps certified mail with return receipt... Just my opinion

KDW
Level 2

Hand filing the return isn't really an attractive solution.

I'll end up calling IN (do ProSeries' job) and ask how to proceed.  I expect they will tell me to Fax it to them.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll second my friend from PA.  It's a lot less effort to paper file than spending how much time trying to beat the software.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Kdw you are right it is not attractive but sometimes it is the most practical solution... Just my opinion

KDW
Level 2

I called IN and the representtive said Indiana isn't able to read pdf attachments.  They said if your tax software--ProSeries--doesn't allow you to submit a dummy IN K-1 to show the pass-through withholding, then you MUST HAND FILE RETURN.  

You were 100% correct.  ProSeries, please add this option so all your IN filers with passthrough withholding don't have to burden their clients with Hand Filing.