Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 form 1040 eletronic tax payments - Delays??

josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

I've e-filed numerous federal 1040s with balances due which have been accepted by the IRS.  All were sent in marked to may the tax via bank draft.  Some were accepted over a week ago, but the tax payments have not left the client's bank accounts yet.  I'd say I have about 10-15 clients with this issue. 

I know lots of refunds are being delayed, but are others seeing actual tax payments being delayed also?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

A week or so isn't an extraordinary amount of time for the payments to be delayed.  

Slava Ukraini!
josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

I understand that there are processing delays for tax refunds, but I still have numerous clients that owed tax and the accepted e-filed tax returns were marked to pay the tax via bank draft.  Its been over 3 weeks and those payments have not processed yet.  Before I waste my time calling the IRS, is this an actual system wide problem with the IRS not pulling out tax payments on e-filed tax returns?

0 Cheers