Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 e-file rejects

rodneylee
Level 2

Have tried to e-file two 2020 federal personal returns.  Both indicate returns not converted and I need to go back and correct errors - but there aren't any.  Spent an hour on the phone with support yesterday.  Anybody else having problems?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Are these your first ...... have you verified your PTIN?   it's a new step this year

Tools > Options > Firm/Preparer Info          look for pink box near your PTIN

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are comfortable that there aren't any errors, have you tried e-filing by disabling the error checking feature when converting for e-filing?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Are these your first ...... have you verified your PTIN?   it's a new step this year

Tools > Options > Firm/Preparer Info          look for pink box near your PTIN

PATAX
Level 15

I have not had any. A colleague that also uses same software also has not had any. Hope you find solution.

rodneylee
Level 2

This was it - after speaking with three other ProSeries customer service agents, the fourth was able to give me this answer in minutes (because he had spent four hours with another customer earlier in the week trying to resolve the issue).  They sent out an alert for the problem on 2/3/21 (before the IRS was accepting returns) so I hadn't run into the problem until now.

dkh
Level 15

Well that's scary to think PS support doesn't have this as one of the first things to check.  What a waste of time for everyone involved.     

Hope the rest of your filing season is trouble free.

0 Cheers