Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 1040X

LMH
Level 3

Pro-Series Professional.  Efiled a 2020 amended return but forgot to change the date to 2022.  It was rejected.  Changed the date and now it won't efile due to duplicate social security number.  We had this same issue last week and my efile person called tech support and they fixed it within 20 minutes.  Called today and the tech support had no idea what to do.  Spent an hour with her on the phone walking through the amended return trying to check the return instead of handling the filing issue.  No issue with the return - it went through once. Same issue as last week- my efile person does not remember what the tech did. to fix the duplicate SSN issue.  Any one have a clue?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So its got the red message in the EFCenter that says Duplicate SSN? Or its getting rejected as a duplicate return being Efiled?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
LMH
Level 3

It is the message duplicate social security number.  Finally figured it out with a different tech.   Seems that Pro-Series changed the directions for how to file an amended return in April.  Odd that  I just did about 10 the exact same way and they all went through and this one went through originally but was rejected due to the date being wrong.  I redid it by the new instructions and it went through.

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4

Go to Homebase and take out the original return or change the SSn so the system is not duplicating it. It should Efile at that point. I just save to desktop and delete it out of PS and the put it back after I efile.

0 Cheers