Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 ProSeries client transfers when using Fixed Asset Manager. How do you not create duplicate assets in the ProSeries return when you import assets from FAM?

Highlighted
Level 1

We use FAM to track clients' fixed assets.  We want to make sure that we don't end up with duplicate assets in the ProSeries return when we import the fixed assets from FAM, and are trying to find out what we need to do when we transfer 2018 clients to 2019.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 1

I have used FAM for years now...love the product.   If you look at your 2018 Asset entry sheet.. you will note the entered information on  the 'imported' ones are a different color than the ones you manually enter.   The imported assets DO NOT carry over to the next year's transferred 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065 etc clients.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8
well... isn't that fascinating?  I must have answered this while still being signed in to some of my QB online clients, instead of my ProSeries login.  Didn't know it would do that....
If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.
0 Cheers