Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 printing in Pro Series

Highlighted
Level 1

I need to print a preliminary 2019 return for an estimate.  I can print for some clients, but not others. What is the problem?  It won't print the Form 1040 on some clients, but will print for others.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
15 Replies 15
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I have the same issue, but only on returns with self employment income, the 1040 wont print and if I use Print Preview I only see a blank white square. 

Not sure if they don't trust us to not actually file a return yet, or maybe the QBI isnt accurate?  Not sure why we cant print it, but its not just you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

It is pretty special to be constantly embarrassed by your software when working with a client.

My returns have Schedule F, one prints, one does not.

Highlighted
Level 15

It's December.  Using the software this early is like opening your own Pandora's box - you never know what is going to jump out at you.  Beta testing supposedly has been done but you would never know it based on the number of issues that exist in the early versions of the program.  This is the real beta testing period as real users find all of the bugs crawling out of the thing.  They bill for the program in November but you really don't have a functioning product until January.  It's like paying for a new car in November, but the dealer makes weekly stops at your home supplying you with little things, like wheels, engines and transmissions until sometime in January.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

@IRonMaN wrote:

It's December.  Using the software this early is like opening your own Pandora's box - you never know what is going to jump out at you.  Beta testing supposedly has been done but you would never know it based on the number of issues that exist in the early versions of the program.  This is the real beta testing period as real users find all of the bugs crawling out of the thing.  They bill for the program in November but you really don't have a functioning product until January.  It's like paying for a new car in November, but the dealer makes weekly stops at your home supplying you with little things, like wheels, engines and transmissions until sometime in January.

LMAO, with the car analogy, @IRonMaN Perfect fit for Intuit.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@crossroads wrote:

It is pretty special to be constantly embarrassed by your software when working with a client.

My returns have Schedule F, one prints, one does not.

Ive had it happen on a return with income entered on Sch F and one with income entered on Sch C, Ive been able to print returns with income entered on 1099R and W2s.   In Nov I fiddled around with it a little, if I took the income off Sch F I was able to print the 1040, once I added it back, no go!  I havent really messed with it much since, but yesterday a Sch C client came in and I noticed it happened to theirs as well, so I figured it was a SE income thing.

I only have a couple of clients Ive transferred over for prelim discussions (the C and F), then a sample file and my own I use as guinea pigs that were printable with 1099R and W2 income entered only.... so maybe its not the SE income that is the common denominator.....

Both of my systems are brand new with the most current versions of Windows 10, I had the weird unexplainable printing issues last year, I could work around that though, this I cant seem to find a workaround to make the 1040 print.

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

@Just-Lisa-Now- I have just completed a dummy return with Sch C income and I printed to my printer and everything came out fine except for my issues with PTIN, FEIN and Date. It was only one return. I can try later bringing over a couple clients or creating multiple dummies.

Sorry. I almost wish I had same issue as I know how frustrating it can be thinking its only you (i know there is the OP with same). 

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@garman22 wrote:

@Just-Lisa-Now- I have just completed a dummy return with Sch C income and I printed to my printer and everything came out fine except for my issues with PTIN, FEIN and Date. It was only one return. I can try later bringing over a couple clients or creating multiple dummies.

Sorry. I almost wish I had same issue as I know how frustrating it can be thinking its only you (i know there is the OP with same). 

Well crap....this is no good for me...Im going to have to really dig in and see if I can figure out whats happening....January is going to be a rough month.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10

The reason for 1040 not printing on some returns, I've discovered that you must check the box on the information worksheet asking if you want to print the 1040-sr instead of 1040

Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

I've used the global to use 1040 regardless. 

Let me know if @Terry53029 is correct on this issue. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@garman22 wrote:

I've used the global to use 1040 regardless. 

Let me know if @Terry53029 is correct on this issue. 

Thats how I usually have it set, I'll need to double check.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Where is this setting to use the 1040 only?  I know Ive seen it, but now I cant find it anywhere dammit! I found it ,but it doesnt change anything for me.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@garman22 Where is the "Get rid of the **bleep** cursed 1040SR for all clients" setting?

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:

@garman22 Where is the "Get rid of the **bleep** cursed 1040SR for all clients" setting?

George, From within a client file (you have to be in a client file, but it applies to all clients), Tools > Miscellaneous

1040.png

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@crossroads 

I just uninstalled ProSeries 2019 (I also uninstalled the 2019 Shared Components in the list of apps), I rebooted the computer and reinstalled from my Intuit Account and now my client file that wouldn't print the 1040 seems to print fine...I didn't lose any data or settings by reinstalling. 

Its worth a shot to try it and see if it fixes the issue for you as well.

I was wrong, it still wont print, I retransferred that client in from 2018 and the newly transferred file prints the 1040, but the one I used for preliminary figures still wont....no clue why. 

Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10

Lisa, the box is on the federal info worksheet right after best contact phone number

0 Cheers