Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Individual e-file submission issues until January or Early February of 2022

maximgt
Level 3

I am trying to e-file amended 2019 individual and NYS returns using ProSeries Basic. However, I am getting an unusual error message, cut and pasted below. My software is up to date.

Can someone please shed some light? 

The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data you are sending. First
make sure your product is up to date. Then open the return and run Final Review. Save the return
and try sending it again. If you still cannot transmit the return, please contact technical support for
assistance. - Tax Year 2019 1040 transmissions are not available. - The IRS and states will not
accept transmissions of 2019 Individual e-file submissions until January or Early February of 2022.
When the IRS and states open for e-file processing you can once again resume transmission of
2019 e-file submissions.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Bill.... I'll try to clarify.  THE IRS is closed.  They do it every year around this time.  And nope, they haven't yet announce the re-opening date.  Rumor has it last week of January; just a rumor

@maximgt  - Both the IRS & Intuit send out notices about this.  Signing up for the IRS Alerts is a good idea so you as a professional tax preparer are in the "know".

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@maximgt wrote:

The IRS and states will not accept transmissions of 2019 Individual e-file submissions until January or Early February of 2022.

When the IRS and states open for e-file processing you can once again resume transmission of 2019 e-file submissions.

I'm not sure how else to phrase it differently than the message.  As your message shows, e-filing is closed for the next few weeks.

abctax55
Level 15

Bill.... I'll try to clarify.  THE IRS is closed.  They do it every year around this time.  And nope, they haven't yet announce the re-opening date.  Rumor has it last week of January; just a rumor

@maximgt  - Both the IRS & Intuit send out notices about this.  Signing up for the IRS Alerts is a good idea so you as a professional tax preparer are in the "know".

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Here's the link to subscribe to the IRS Quick Alerts:

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/subscribe-to-quick-alerts#:~:text=Five%20QuickAlerts%20categori...

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
maximgt
Level 3

Thank you. I appreciate the courtesy of your answer.