Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Form 8990 on Form 1120S - Fields Won't Calculate

arandersen
Level 3

I'm working in a ProSeries Form 1120S.  The Form 8990 - Limitation on Business Interest Expense - calculated fields will not fill in, even after the entire tax return is done and the corporation, with assets greater than $26 million, is required to file this form.  In 2018, the fields filled in just fine.

I did my own calculations and filled in the required fields using the override function, so now I have nine overridden fields in this Form 8990.

Why wont these fields calculate just like that did in 2018? Is this a program bug?

PS - In 2018, the Form 8990 had to be attached as a pdf, but I see that in 2019, at least the Form 8990 seems to be included in the return, and not required to be attached as a pdf, but why won't the 2019 fields calculate.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arandersen
Level 3

I solved my own question so I'm replying to my own post.  The solution to Form 8990 not filling in is that I CHECKED THE WRONG BOX in answering the question on Line 10 of Schedule B to the Form 1120S.  I should have checked YES, but I checked NO by mistake.  Answering yes to that question, namely that yes, my corp has sales in excess of $26 million, does properly make Form 8990 appear and fill in the calculated fields.  I had checked no, with the result that Form 8990 would not calculate nor print.

So I'm embarrassed.  And an idiot.  Thank you.  

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
arandersen
Level 3

I solved my own question so I'm replying to my own post.  The solution to Form 8990 not filling in is that I CHECKED THE WRONG BOX in answering the question on Line 10 of Schedule B to the Form 1120S.  I should have checked YES, but I checked NO by mistake.  Answering yes to that question, namely that yes, my corp has sales in excess of $26 million, does properly make Form 8990 appear and fill in the calculated fields.  I had checked no, with the result that Form 8990 would not calculate nor print.

So I'm embarrassed.  And an idiot.  Thank you.