Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Form 1041 Form 8995

Highlighted
Level 2

Form 8995 says not ready to e-file as of 03/16/2020. Yellow alert says update available now. I have refreshed updates and keep checking, but no update for that form. Is it really available? Any news about when it will be? Any helpful advice?

Thanks for any info.

Labels (1)
11 Replies 11
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

The release dates page says its final and ready to Efile, 

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

I think the yellow bar is just stuck...does the form appear complete?   If you click the little X in the corner of the yellow bar, does it disappear?  Will it convert for Efiling?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Form 1041 Form 8995's update status has NOT changed in a few weeks!

When you print, it states right across the form in Big, Gray letters:

"DO NOT FILE"

"FORM NOT FINAL"

"DO NOT FILE"

Intuit's tech support is SO backed up that NO Return Callbacks are returned and there's a LONG wait on the telephone. NO help from Intuit!

The website is WRONG when it Shows that Form 8895 is 'Final'.

Today's the final day so may as well as file an extension and wait for the finalized form to be released. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

The 8995 shows and prints clean in my program....you may need to uninstall the 1041 module and reinstall it (I know in prior years when a form was stuck as not final, thats what needed to be done).

You can do that from Windows Add/Remove Programs

Highlighted
Level 3

Thank you!

Per your suggestion to Uninstall then Re-install Form 1041 (and shared components), Form 1041 Form 8995 is Fixed!

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Thats great news!  🙂

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Go they offer any details on how to remove and replace 1041 module on proseries 2019?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Windows Add/Remove Programs, choose Proseries 2019 and click Uninstall and a window will open to choose which modules you want to remove.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks to all for the advice. Naturally, my version of Windows 10 does not act as advertised. I can't access the uninstall program from the Start Menu, and it won't work from the Add-Remove Programs window in Control Panel. I tried following instructions in the help article for Uninstalling a Federal or State Product; same issues. Probably not going to be able to deal with this right now; extensions in order...

Thanks again for all who took time to respond.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@bhill_nnews 

Are you signed into Windows as the Administrator (do you have separate logins)?  If so, you need to be on the Admin login to add/remove programs I believe.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Lisa,

Thank you so much for your help yesterday.  I was able to resolve my 8995 for form 1041 issue!

Highlighted
Level 2

So, wasn't an administrator issue. I'm happy to report that by sheer luck I managed to fix it!!! I'm not recommending this solution--the chances for disaster were too great. I renamed the Forms folder under Pro19 on the C drive (we have a network install) and then ran the "Fix Updates" and "Refresh Updates" Utilities. After that I tried to open the program and it gave me an error message that it couldn't build the cache and I should call support =:0 OMG, I almost panicked. Then I looked at the old and new Forms folders and noticed there were more forms in the old folder than in the new. I compared them, identified the extra forms, and moved them into the new folder--which took them out of the old folder. Tried to open program again. No dice. So, I deleted the new folder, took the "old" off the old folder (only then realizing I had deleted files that originally came from that folder!) Fixed, refreshed, tried again-- andddd it worked!!!! Apparently, these old files, dated from January 2020 were mucking up the works. The Form 8995 was now not in use--which it shouldn't have been because the divs were passed through to beneficiary--and the K-1 accurately reflected that. So I'm saved, but it isn't my fault that I am. Should not have mucked around in the files like that, especially when tech support is so overwhelmed. Anyway, thanks so much for your concern; problem has been solved. The Lord looks after fools and (this) software meddler 🙂