Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 filing issues

lday
Level 1

I am attempting to file a 2019 return and it is successfully converting but not transmitting.  It is then showing random acknowledgments from last year.  I have updated, restarted my computer, restarted Proseries with no luck.  Does anyone else have this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
dkh
Level 15

IRS closed efile system back in December to prepare for the 2020 tax return filing season.   Won't be available until ??  possibly Jan 25th.     https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/modernized-e-file-mef-status

abctax55
Level 15

Per *many* in-program & IRS announcements, Mef is closed for retooling until later this month.  It happens every year.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
suesue1
Level 3

Having the exact same issue. Today is February 1st - I'd think it could be transmitted. Tried a dozen times and same thing happens. "Ready to transmit" - doesn't transmit and get last year's information. Ugh!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Today is February 1st - I'd think it could be transmitted"

The top of this page, and your program, tells you IRS is not accepting individual returns until Feb 12. Even if you send to Intuit, they will hold it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
dixiesouth
Level 2

I too am having that problem so I do not think it is a us problem it is a software issue. 

Would like some answers. 

Thanks

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@dixiesouth 

The IRS is Not Open for E-Filing. They are not accepting returns until the date you see in the notification in your program, the notification at the top of this web page, the notification you read if you use the links provided, and even my TV station evening news has put the date in the crawl:

IRS will accept 2020 individual tax returns beginning Feb 12th

qbteachmt
Level 15

This is how Intuit was wording it last week:

This article will help you determine whether or not you can e-file current federal tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other businesses.

When will e-filing for 2019 and 2018 returns reopen?

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 business returns will resume on January 8, 2021.

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 individual returns will resume on February 12, 2021.

When can I e-file 2020 returns?

Return typeIRS opensIntuit opens
BusinessJanuary 8, 2021January 19, 2021
Individual (1040)February 12, 2021Intuit will begin holding returns on January 28, 2021
dkh
Level 15

🥃