Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 basic does not open

usadoc
Level 1

The login fields (email and password) don't show up (no error message nothing the box is blank other than the heading)

I updated and repair up[dated and then reinstalled the program - didn't help

2020 and 2021 work just fine

Any ideas? 

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
usadoc
Level 1

Thanks!

The helpful one was the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Intuit\Common\CefSharpBrowserCaches

renaming.

Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

So for TY19, we had an update that is absolutely required in order to login, but we have no way to notify people to do so in that older product. So if you will run Update in the start menu, it will get the needed version in order to use the new login that TY19 needs.

Best regards

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think that's for the browser incompatibility issue, you have to update. 

This blank sign in screen is a different problem.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

@Just-Lisa-Now- For the blank sign in screen, it is exactly the problem I'm referring to. Its what we call a new CefSharp component that gets delivered via our Connected Services update. The browser in question is an embedded one and was no longer supported. So when you used the old CefSharp embedded browser (a browser we actually provide, not one you as a customer provides), it won't work because it doesn't comply with new security protocols we need. 

If you haven't tried yet, a "Repair update" may straighten it out to get all the components synced properly.

Best

0 Cheers