Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 1040x won't efile

taxes96786
Level 9

Efiled client 2019 and accepted on 101920. Prepared amended, checked the box to efile and message when I open EFILENOW says the 1040 2019 return has not been completed. Error check says it can't be efiled because the original was not efiled, but the EFILENOW box indicates that the 1040 is complete.

I also show the original return as accepted in the logs. IRS transcript shows the return accepted on the above date.

I have tried everything. What is wrong with this program?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You're using the same original file that was Efiled originally, not a copy, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

yes...followed all the instructions to the T.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Be sure your 2019 program is updated, then try Efiling from the EFCenter, not within the client file.

taxes96786
Level 9

Thanks Lisa...I have tried it both ways and get the same messages.  Guess the next step is a marathon phone call with PS tech.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The message you're seeing is what happens when you're using a copy of the file for the amended, not the original file that you used to file the original return....I know you said you "followed the instructions" but I have no clue what those instructions actually say.

If you had a file that you originally Efiled named   JonesTom.19i you have to use that same file (with the same file name) for the amended return.  If you made a copy and called it JonesTomAmended.19i and are trying to use that to Efile an amended return, it wont work.   

0 Cheers