Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 tax extenders

Highlighted
Level 2

Does ProSeries have any clue when the 2018 tax extenders might be incorporated into the 2018 program?  This is one of the most irritating aspects of ProSeries--not keeping us informed.  If I could tell my client it should be such and such a date when I can amend their 2018 return, and then prepare their 2019 return it would be a tremendous help.  Previously it was maybe by the end of February, but that obviously did not happen.

Labels (1)
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I saw a post recently that IRS has finally updated their forms on Feb 26th, then the software companies can submit their forms to IRS for approval, once IRS approves they can release to their customers.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks for the update.  But it would have been nicer if ProSeries had kept us in the loop a week ago instead of you having to do it.  And they could tell us now that they expect to have the updated program by (whatever the date happens to be).

Highlighted
Level 4

I agree, why on earth can they not give us a date.  I have 3 that the 2018 needs to be prepared first in order to file the 2019.  This has been posted many times with others asking for a date.  Lisa can you bring this to someone's attention so we know when they are going to update.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I'm trying!  If they could just give us something, anything, just to let people know that its moving forward...its the 2nd week in March already for goodness sakes!!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 3

OK, so that was a month ago...how long should we expect to wait?

Any ideas?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8

@sschott2 

Whether Intuit gets it  done quick enough or not shouldn't hold up your 2019 returns. Think about a workaround.  If for example you have a 2018 6K PMI to calculate just add it into the mortgage interest. save it as an amendment and then transfer the amended file to 2019. When intuit eventually finishes up the 2018 extenders fiasco you can efile the 1040X..... or just print out the 1040x and mail it in... (actually, I'd just mail it in with a note or an extra schedule showing mortgage interest and PMI)….

Either way you can use the correct calculation to prepare the 2019 returns.... The IRS could care less the order they receive the returns in. It generally takes a year or so for them to get around to criticizing a return.