Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 short organizer seems 2B cut/pasted from 2017 w/o awareness of the new tax laws. Anyone else notice this? Section on miscellaneous deductions doesn't apply anymore.

barrysafeer
Level 3

Schedule A in the actual program has been updated to not include misc deductions.  Will they update the short organizer when new updates come out?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think they are aware of the new tax laws but they are also aware that a chunk of states didn't adopt the federal changes and are operating under the old tax laws.  So things that may have disappeared for the federal still apply to many states.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
Are you sure the actual program won't let you enter misc deductions?  Because that means the states will need to be improved to allow the misc deductions with schedules.  And it would be much easier to enter them on federal even though they are not deductible and have them transfer.  Plus, I don't think the IRS has decided about excess deductions from estates yet as a misc 2% deduction.  I am too lazy to download 2018 yet.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think they are aware of the new tax laws but they are also aware that a chunk of states didn't adopt the federal changes and are operating under the old tax laws.  So things that may have disappeared for the federal still apply to many states.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
You have reached the peer-to-peer support forum for ProConnect ProSeries.  Please listen to this entire message as our menu has changed.  If you are calling about tax organizers with questions for Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions, press 1.  All other callers, please remain on the line and we will be with you momentarily.

We are experiencing high call volume due to questions about Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions on the tax organizer.  Your call is important to us and will be answered in the order it was received.  Please do not hang up as it may increase your wait time.

:musical_score: :musical_keyboard: :microphone: Music playing - Time in a bottle by Jim Croce
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Good song to be on hold with.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
I agree :smile::smile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
LOL...Jensen, love your response.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Just for laughs :joy::joy:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers