Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 proseries

Steve25
Level 1

I am unable to download Proseries 2018, it is giving me the message "Proseries requires at least one federal product is installed in order to run". Then it guides me to install via a CD, however I am not in possession of the CD. How do I install 2018? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You're downloading from your Intuit Online account or using the link within the 2017 program to download next years product?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Steve25
Level 1

No, I am unable to do that due to the fact that I can't transfer '17 to a new computer and the 2017 program is unavailable on the dashboard of the intuit website. I downloaded the '18 program via the intuit dashboard and am getting that error upon trying to open it. Thank you for the prompt response!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw the same error from someone else in a google search, but they never came back to answer any follow up questions so it was never resolved.

So it sounds like it does install, but it wont run?   Do you (or did you) have other years of ProSeries installed on the computer?

Did you attempt an uninstall of one of the ProSeries formsets?

0 Cheers
Steve25
Level 1

It installs up to a point. I don't know what the message means that I got.

I have about 20 years of Proseries installed on my computers. This is the first time I have had any problems with an installation, with the exception of 2017(which is missing from my prior years download list).

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you need to go into Add/Remove programs in Windows and see if ProSeries 2018 is in there, if so Uninstall it.   Then go to FIle Explorer, and find the remaining ProWin18 folder and rename it to OldProWin18.  Then log back into your Intuit account and attempt a new download/install

0 Cheers
PBinNJ
Level 3

Do you have ProSeries 2017 installed?  If so, go to PS 2017 and try downloading next year's program.  If you don't have 2017 installed, try installing it and then install next year's program.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@PBinNJ wrote:

Do you have ProSeries 2017 installed?  If so, go to PS 2017 and try downloading next year's program.  If you don't have 2017 installed, try installing it and then install next year's program.

They don't have 2017 installed and its missing from the list of downloads in their online account.

PBinNJ
Level 3

Thanks, I didn't realize there were previous replies.

0 Cheers