Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Evaluation copy crashed

Highlighted
Level 1

I had the 2018 ProSeries evaluation copy for 2 months, it was working fine. Suddenly, it crashed, and when I open a client I can't see the forms. I've tried everything, uninstalling and re installing, cleaning my PC, going back to a recovery point. Nothing seems to fix it. I spent hours with a customer agent and we couldn't do it. Any ideas?  

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15

Start the evaluation process of the next software?

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 1

Yes, but I had some information in there that I want back.. and it shouldn't do this.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Copy what you have in the data directory (ProWin18\18data) for safekeeping.  Then do as IRMN suggested.  Then follow the instructions in the article attached to migrate the savaged files to the new data directory.  Hopefully, what you need is not corrupted and can still be accessed.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/restoring-client-data-files-using-proseri...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

If support couldnt help and you didnt have a backup program running,  saving files to to the cloud, Im afraid youre out of luck.

Crashes happen, I think we've all been victim of a crash and lost data at some point, thankfully you were only evaluating it the software, not working on an actual client return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

I had some client info in there. But I was just checking and the problem is with the 1040 returns.. . It's very strange. I could perfectly open a 1065 return.. or a state 

0 Cheers