Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 e-file

Highlighted
Level 2

I am still unable to file a 2018 return. I have tried relicensing and also doing the updates. It still says it needs an active Fast Path. I have an active Fast Path. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Relicense your software to pull down your current year license (Fast Path) by going to TOOLS and LICENSE PRODUCTS.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I have tried that several times and doesn't fix the problem. It lists 2019 Professional Fast Path as one of my license but just doesn't work.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you to all who responded. It worked after I relicensed my product.

Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you Ashley

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Are you logging in with the same USER ID that you're using to Log into 2019 that had the fast path fee paid on it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Yes I've used the same user name every year.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I found a solution but it cost me $67. My 2018 software was Basic ProSeries and I upgraded to Professional for 2019. So I'm assuming Professional Fast Path doesn't work for Basic? I downloaded Professional 2018 just to see if it would work and it did. I just had to pay $37 for federal file and $30 for state. I don't understand why Fast Path wouldn't work for Basic because its same software just upgraded. If I would have known I would have this issue I would have never upgraded.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

That doesnt quite make sense to me either.  You still should have been able to Eile using 2018 Basic if you have already paid for a 2019 Professional Fast Path fee.

@AshleyatIntuit    is this really how it works?  They had to switch to 2018 Professional and pay the PPR fee in order to Efile a 2018 return?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted

In theory whatever you have for current year should be provided for prior year.  So, if you have 2019 Fast Path only, then essentially yes, that is true, you'd be PPR for everything in prior year using professional.  Now, if you've purchased unlimited in Professional, that should provide unlimited in prior year.  I will see if i can get your account specific information from a moderator here to review your account for accuracy.  Thanks @Just-Lisa-Now-  for tagging me.