Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 e file

Highlighted
Level 1

why i can not e-file 2018 taxes?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

In your Updates drop down menu, choose REFRESH updates in order to get 2018 able to Efile.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

I did this and it still won't efile. I even re-converted after the update. the program won't transmit.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Thanks Lisa! It did work.

Highlighted
Level 15

@IntuitAustin

(Sorry to keep picking on you, but I have no clue if anyone else from Intuit is listening)

@AshleyatIntuit  

(Edit... got the linking to at least Ashley to work...)

THIS question keeps coming up...IF the search function worked worth a d*mn:

1) Folks might search for the answer before posting

2) "We" could easily find those threads & link them (Jensen pointed out this issue recently)

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted

Thanks for tagging me, at this point, repair or refresh updates have resolved the known issues i've troubleshot up until this point.  Note that although you can efile 2018 the extender updates aren't live.  That being said, there is/was no plan to broadcast availability because most customers looking to efile 2018 are looking for that extender update.  Closing PS and running from start menu, looking in all programs, and under the proseries 2018 folder, you will find in that dropdown, a TOOLS- REPAIR UPDATES.  That should resolve.  Note there is a diagnostic in program that indicates extenders are not live and that may result in needing to amend a return. image.png

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks Ashley! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Highlighted
Level 15

My "point" is that the ability to SEARCH so we can easily find the thread that explains how to mitigate the problem doesn't work.  This is just an example of where the ability to search, efficiently, is missing.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted

I gotcha.  when you do search, you can filter by product/article, but i'll leave Austin to expand on that further.  But depending on what you're searching for, for example 2018 efile you may be looking for another post, or an actual article and you can filter based on that.  Here may be what you were looking for: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/proseries-2018-individ...

But all the news/alerts that used to be "announcements" in the old community are here for PS- https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/02/204image.png image.png image.png

0 Cheers