Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/18/19 ProSeries Ask me Anything session (3pm-5pm EDT)

Highlighted

2/18/19 ProSeries Ask me Anything session (3pm-5pm EDT)

Welcome to the ProSeries 'Ask me Anything' post.  Please use the answer question button to ask your question and use the tag "Question:" followed by your question.  Experts will use the comment field to respond to your questions. 

PLEASE scroll to the bottom of the post and hit "Contribute an answer" to ask your question (or "I can Answer" depending on your view)  (Helps to ensure we see each question)

This post will remain live until 5pm EDT- POST CLOSED

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

This post will close in 15 minutes at 5pm EDT. To see our upcoming live Ask Me Anything sessions view the following announcement: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/announcements/1797837

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
39 Replies 39
Highlighted

This post will close in 15 minutes at 5pm EDT. To see our upcoming live Ask Me Anything sessions view the following announcement: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/announcements/1797837

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Any info when Minnesota's M1SA will print with a return?

Double Jeopardy-

Any info on when the 990 will be released?

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Looks like development just finished the testing for the fix for M1SA printing so it should be in the next release. Looking at the Release dates that's anticipated for the 20th.  As for the 990 I've been doing some digging on that this morning. Currently the only anticipated date I have for that they are shooting for the 21st.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Thanks.  I'll remember to wear my Kevlar vest on the 21st if there is going to be some shooting that day :worried::worried:
0 Cheers
Highlighted
You didn't do it right, you were supposed to say, "What is the 20th?"  LOL
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
I would have said that if Intuit was still offering the Friday night mind reading class.  I'm kind of lost without the weekly updates.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Question:

Ohio individual - from page 13 of 2018 ohio individual instructions, non residents are to leave blank the section that requests county of residency.  when I previously asked about this on 2/15/18, intiut's response was in "2017 ohio instructed non resident taxpayers to indicate county of residency as Franklin".  I apologize if I gave you the impression I was working on a 2017 tax return.  please keep in mind, I believe any current inquiries you receive from tax professionals, I believe it is safe to assume they are working on 2018 return, and  intuit should respond accordingly.

another issue.  ohio individual RITA local tax return.  when I enter a loss carryover on page 6, line 1, when printing the entire return, the amount entered on page 6, line 1 does not print.  (when I print page 6 individually, the amount does print)

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Let me take a look at this for you
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Starting in 2017 and continuing to 2018, instructions state to select Franklin as the county of residence for the return to transmit appropriately. This change was made to satisfy e-file requirements set by the state.

I am checking on your RITA carryover issue now.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
I am getting the same behavior on my RITA carryover. I am going to submit this to the development team for you, thank you for bringing it to our attention
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8

706 says it's for deaths after 12/31/2018 which is a silly typo as it clearly uses Exemption for deaths IN 2018.  Please give me a date I can hope the 1 digit typo is fixed

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Hi Marc, sorry for my delay in getting back to you, this information was forwarded on, I'll look to get an update for you on this sooner than later.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Looks like development is working to get this information updated to be pushed in an upcoming release.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8
I've been locked out AGAIN.  @Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) that answer in a non-answer
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Ashley - for folks like Marc that tend to post fairly often, can't you create a title like assistant AllStar or something like that allows them to post as much as they like?
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Guys......re: the 2210. any news/updates on the fix for the waiver issues (ive been running back to back lately and have not seen much regarding this issue)?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Hi Garman, this was reported to development, I am hopeful for this weeks' release but have not received confirmation at this time.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
Alright, I have not had an issue as of yet so........but I do have a few coming this week that will be subject to underpayment penalties. See if you can light a fire under their butts to resolve quickly. :smile: Thanks, Ash!:smile:
0 Cheers
Highlighted
No prob.  I'm applying updates now to see what (if anything) has changed with the 2210 as i know it was slated for updates, so we'll see. :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
Cool. Keep jamming!
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Question: In creating a CSV import template in Fixed Asset Manager, after mapping columns, why can't I get the Method to map?  I do not get any options in the drop down for Method other than "Do Not Import".  I have gone through the samples, videos and tutorials and can't seem to figure out what the proper syntax is to get the Method field to work

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Let me take a look.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
I just tried a CSV Import on one of my test clients and the Column Heading fields are clickable and (Federal) Method is an available column. If you are on dual monitors you may want to bring Fixed Asset Manager to your main monitor. Sometimes the drop downs are a bit problematic on secondary monitors.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
That was it.  I just moved it to my "Main Screen" and I now have the drop down.  That might be something to put into the instructions as I can't believe that I am the only one that would open this on their second screen.  Thank you for the help.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Why doesn't Proseries update the saved PDF when changes have been made to the file? I began a client's return and he initially wanted to use Pay by Refund, but later changed his mind. In the Print PDF selection, the entire pay by refund application prints and has the original selection for this option even though I changed it and e-filed directly with the IRS. Also, how do I know whether the local regional income tax form was e-filed with the state return?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
To confirm, are you going into the return and printing the PDF again? And when you do, the pay by refund information still prints on the return?
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
Yes, that's correct.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Thanks for confirming. If you changed the check boxes appropriately but did not delete the pay by refund form, it will still show as "active" in the return and print. To delete the form, you can right click on the form directly and click "Remove" at the top.

As far as the ability to see which forms will be efiled with the return, follow these steps within the program to see which will be included with the efiled return: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1612792-finding-which-forms-are-supported-for-e-fi...
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
I followed that advice. The PDF still did not update and the entire application prints.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee
When you print the PDF again, are you overwriting the original PDF file? Try saving to a different location (such as your desktop) and open from there directly to see if you get the same result
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Hi Ashley, 

My question has to do Form 1040NR. 

1. I am seeing that it is not populating the state forms. 

2. Where on the federal worksheet can you input the state e-file request? 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Can you clarify what you mean by "not populating"?  on the info wksht there is Fed filing info, but not all states have an NR form i don't believe, but i can chose CA for example and on the CA 540NR, i can select to file CA return electronically (like the fed).  What state are you trying to do?
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2
Wages input on Form 1040 NR do not flow to CA  returns.
In Georgia, when electing to efile - error message on GA  says to input on Federal returns.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
So in this case you would need to paper file the return.  I will look into the wages flowing.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2
Thank you Ashley, hope you have a great week.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
You as well!
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Good afternoon...I have more of a comment than a question. It would be nice if you would use the banner communication in the program to let us know when there is a mandatory update. It is very frustrating after a very long day of work and it is anywhere from 11 m to 2 am and when I file returns none of them go because I have to do a program update first. It would just be nice to know this ahead of time to plan accordingly. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Thank you for this feedback, we will take this back regarding the in-product alerts
0 Cheers