Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120-S extension

Stephen S
Level 2

1120_S Form 7004, I am getting a reject error "Form 7004 cannot be filed electronically after 3/16/2020, the due date of the tax return". All tax returns were automatically extended to 7/15/20.  Please help me with what I am not understanding. Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
IntuitCharlene

The CARES act only extended returns that were originally due after April 1st 2020 and before July 15th 2020. Any returns that were due 3/15 were not extended. 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/filing-and-payment-deadlines-questions-and-answers

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"IR-2020-66, April 9, 2020

WASHINGTON — To help taxpayers, the Department of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service announced today that Notice 2020-23 (PDF) extends additional key tax deadlines for individuals and businesses.

Last month, the IRS announced that taxpayers generally have until July 15, 2020, to file and pay federal income taxes originally due on April 15. No late-filing penalty, late-payment penalty or interest will be due.

Today’s notice expands this relief to additional returns, tax payments and other actions. As a result, the extensions generally now apply to all taxpayers that have a filing or payment deadline falling on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020. Individuals, trusts, estates, corporations and other non-corporate tax filers qualify for the extra time. This means that anyone, including Americans who live and work abroad, can now wait until July 15 to file their 2019 federal income tax return and pay any tax due."

The window opened April 1. Before that, you were supposed to stay on schedule as usual.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.