Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-R where Box 2A includes amount redeposited in 60 day time period

MaryL1
Level 2

I have a 1099-R for a Traditional IRA.  Box 1 shows total distribution of $62,500.  Of this amount, $50,000 was redeposited under the 60 day rule and has no tax consequence.  I've adjusted Box 2A to reflect the taxable amount of $12,500.  Distribution Code is 7.  Once I check the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE Box, the entire amount of $62,500 becomes taxable.  What am I missing?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chasetax
Level 7

Do not adjust any entry on page 1 of 1099-r worksheet!  Scroll down to second page, I believe, B1 or B2, should say amount of distribution rolled over--enter your $50K there

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
chasetax
Level 7

Do not adjust any entry on page 1 of 1099-r worksheet!  Scroll down to second page, I believe, B1 or B2, should say amount of distribution rolled over--enter your $50K there

MaryL1
Level 2

THANKS! It worked.  I don't know if I would have ever found it.  I had looked at the worksheets but just couldn't figure it out.  You're a JEWEL for responding so quickly.