Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095A

Highlighted
Level 1

Client had Marketplace for 6 months of 2019 and then applied and rec'd medicaid and did not cancel Marketplace Imsurance. How do I enter that on Proseries? It has to be repaid, correct?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Just enter the 1095A into the program, be sure youve answered all the questions on the Fed Info Worksheet in order to get the 8962 to calculate.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

Sorry , I can not find a question regarding a 2nd health policy.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

You dont need to mention the second health care policy, at least not on the federal return...there is no penalty in 2019 for not having health insurance...your state may ask on its return, if they have a requirement or penalty for lack of insurance.

Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10

If your client qualified for Medicaid, they probably will not have to pay it all back. You just fill out the 1095A. you don't have to account for 2nd policy

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

This is true, if income was low enough to qualify for Medicaid, there may not be any repayment of the APTC

Highlighted
Level 12

For the months he was double-covered, enter zero in the column for the SLCSP.  That will indicate the taxpayer does not qualify for the Premium Tax Credit for that month.

Highlighted
Level 1

Exactly what I needed.  Thanks so much for the tip!

0 Cheers