Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1065 extension - 8825

Highlighted
Level 1

I'm trying to file an extension for a 1065 with rental properties. When I submit, it says "Line 15 column (A) must be entered for electronic filing. I have never entered anything in those items during an extension. Anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15

Sometimes it easier to play along with the software to get it to work ---------- especially when you are dealing with an extension.  If it wants an amount, enter an amount.  It beats eating up a bunch of time fighting with the program or calling support.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 2

Then it defeats the purpose of the software being able to remember what was done in the prior year.  Its an example of a programming defect.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Yeah, it's a defect.  But if you prefer putting returns on hold or spending oodles of time with support rather than using a simple work around, go for it.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 2

Yes.  And I have +/- 300 to do today.  Most of which have items in 8825 - 15A.

Come on ProSeries - if we knew the amounts for those line items, we wouldn't be filing an extension.

Highlighted
Level 2

Many silly things like this. Having to enter bank info for NY 2X is a standard preparer erroe

0 Cheers