Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 with 8995 that still says form not EF ready- Says Update available now, but doesn't ever up date. Any ideas?

lweav
Level 3
I had this problem early in the season and was unable to resolve.  Now I am back to my 1041's and unfortunately it still exists.  I am unable to update the form so I cant efile without it.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This is a known issue, you need to uninstall and reinstall the 1041 module to correct this issue.  Here are the instructions.

You will NOT lose your clients files.

Close ProSeries and use Windows Add/Remove Programs

Find ProWin 2019 and click Uninstall. It will act like its going to uninstall the entire program, dont panic, it wont! It will open another window that lets you choose which part to uninstall. Find the 1041 module and uninstall it.

Now restart the computer, and start Proseries back up and Log in, go to Install > Download New Products and make sure that the box is checked for the 1041, click Next and reinstall the 1041.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This is a known issue, you need to uninstall and reinstall the 1041 module to correct this issue.  Here are the instructions.

You will NOT lose your clients files.

Close ProSeries and use Windows Add/Remove Programs

Find ProWin 2019 and click Uninstall. It will act like its going to uninstall the entire program, dont panic, it wont! It will open another window that lets you choose which part to uninstall. Find the 1041 module and uninstall it.

Now restart the computer, and start Proseries back up and Log in, go to Install > Download New Products and make sure that the box is checked for the 1041, click Next and reinstall the 1041.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
lweav
Level 3

Thank you ... now I remember why I didn't fix it before.  My Proseries is hosted so this requires my providers engineering to assist.  which is one of the downsides of using a hosted Proseries.  Appreciate the instructions.

poolcleaner
Level 9

Nothing can go wrong, can go wrong, can go wrong.  If I were following Lisa's excellent advice, I would do a backup (not a copy) of All Returns before doing the uninstall described above.

0 Cheers
lweav
Level 3

Yes, I have learned this the hard way. I actually pull all of my data nightly from my cloud provider so I always have a set of current back up data.  Last year they had a ransom attack and I was locked out for a full 3 weeks..never again.

0 Cheers
SOPS
Level 2

Lisa, are you aware of a similar issue with the 1040 program specifically as it related to the Philadelphia BIRTEZ and NPT filings.  Says efiling available for these forms.  Says there is an update available , run updates, still says not efilable.....

0 Cheers